About the programme
The Master of Art in Education award is a two (2) year collaborative programme between GTUC and Staffordshire University in UK. It is a highly regarded professional development programme for school teachers and administrators. It is designed to create a learner-centered experience for education professionals and practitioners (both public and private sector) who seek high quality master level education. It develops intense passion for working in education industry whilst enhancing student’s educational development.
The programme is very interactive and draws on the experiences of participants, supported by current research and practice-informed teaching. Students have the opportunity to develop new ideas to improve current education practices. It also facilitates critical examination of policy and research through a variety of specialist modules.
Students are expected to critically appraise current and new educational developments, and evaluate policies and directives to develop their capacity to provide constructive input to drive change within education organizations.
There are three main stages on the MA in education programme:
- Diploma and
The main teaching and learning approaches are:
- Workshops and Seminars
- Face to face lectures by “fly-in faculty” from Staffordshire University
- Seminars and workshops
- Work-based tasks and self-assessments
- Independent study which may be via blended or distance approaches
- Learning and Assessment
- Educational Leadership and Management
- Mentoring and Coaching in Education Settings
- Collaborative Working in Education
Why should l choose this course?
The successful completion of this course would enable a student to:
- Demonstrate an understanding and evaluation of selected models, theories and institutional approaches to effective education practice
- Analyse a range of factors affecting specific education issues within the sector
- Apply skills for the enhancement of education practice
- Communicate effectively to a specialist audience on the process and outcomes of the educational research project.
Course length: 2 years (Part time)
A Bachelors degree in Education with at least second class lower division. Applicants without the required specialist academic background must have a first degree and at least two years work experience in teaching or education management. International Students whose programmes were not taught in English are required to show proof of proficiency in the use of the English language.
To be eligible for the programme, participants must hold roles and responsibilities within an education setting. This is essential because all modules require participants to evaluate and reflect upon their own current practices as an education professional in order to achieve the learning outcomes.
September, January, March
Graduate Admissions Office-
Accra campus: +233 (0)302-917152, 0202698352/3
Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214
Koforidua Learning Centre: 0202625760, 0202625761
Takoradi Learning Centre: 0202625794
Ho Learning Centre: 0505663496