What is the programme about?
MBA International Trade is a collaborative programme between Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) and Anhalt University of Applied Sciences in Germany. It is a quality German MBA internationally and academically accredited with FIBAA, with a focus on developing proactive, intercultural managers, financial experts, importers, exporters, consultants and entrepreneurs in the global market. It prepares graduates for the global business environment by providing students with the set of skills to analyze the suitability of investments for good corporate strategic success in both global and domestic business environments.
Programme duration and description
MBA international Trade offers two options:
One (1) year face to face option
Students use one year to complete modules on the programme via face to face delivery. Assessment forms include individual assignment, group work and time constrained exams.
Two (2) years distance learning option
- Students use two years to complete required modules on the programme through distance learning
- Study on your own pace and with high flexibility
- Have the convenience of doing it from everywhere
- Involves senior experts who act as coaches from industry and from the university who give feedback and insights. The GTUC learning platform enables students to interact with study coaches and lecturers, who exchange their ideas and engage students in group discussions
- Starter Workshop in 2nd week of study: Students from Ghana and other countries come together for a 3-day workshop in Accra: The focus is on team building within study groups, training of usage of Learning Platform, Personal Development seminar. Study groups have maximum of 6 students.
- The programme has 6 stages of 17 weeks per stage. 3 modules will be completed at each stage (except last stage which is for only Master Thesis)
- Quizzes: Every course module consists of several parts. Each part is ended by a quiz where students can test their understanding of the content. Quizzes are part of the final grade.
- Q&A sessions with lecturer: questions can be raised in the discussion forum or in the regular Q&A sessions with the lecturer on Skype
- Access to global alumni network
- Access to online libraries
One year and two year options have the same modules as follows:
- International Economic Theory and Policy
- Economic Statistics and Empirical Methods
- International Accounting and Financial Analysis
- International Business Law
- International Marketing Management
- International Strategic Management
- International Management
- Management Game
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Corporate Finance and Investment
- Corporate Project Management I
- Corporate Project Management II
- International Human Resource Management
- Entrepreneurial Management
The International Accounting and Financial Analysis module presents an opportunity for students to travel to UK to experience the world of corporate accounting with highly rated global companies e.g. PricewaterhouseCoopers, BDO Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB). The credit transferring workshop exposes students to discussions pertaining to finance and accounting procedures of major international accounting institutions and corporations.
The workshop is optional.
Why should I choose this programme?
- The programme is prominent for generating a breed of graduates who are able to lead the search for sustainable business solutions.
- It also generates future managers, consultants and entrepreneurs to face today’s global business and management issues.
- More so, the programme seeks to create effective professional in management position with the indesipensable skill to progress to genuine leadership roles.
- Gives students the ability to recognize and plan for strategies to deal effectively with unanticipated developments in global trade.
- It equips students with international management skills that are essential for a successful career in a global corporate environment.
After a successful completion of the programme, a graduate should be able to perform in career fields such as:
- Import/Export financing expert
- Import and export in the production sector
- International logistics
- International Business Development Consultant
- International Trade Financing consultant
- Business Analyst
- Business Development and Strategist
The Programme is of particular interest to people working in, or planning to work in finance, insurance, banking, consultancy, import and export sector, manufacturing, logistics and the service industries. Increasingly, some use our MBA International Trade Programme to help them establish their own business.
Applicants must have a minimum qualification of a good bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd class division.
English proficiency is required from French speaking international applicants, for whom English is not an official language. Applicants have an option to enroll at GTUC’s language center to obtain proficiency in English.
The tuition fee for the programme is:
4000 Pounds for Ghanaians and 6000 Pounds for international students
International student’s tuition excludes cost of travelling and accommodation for orientation.
How to apply?
Application forms are available at the website at www.gtuc.edu.gh. The cost of the application form is Gh ¢150, payable by way of Bankers Draft (from any bank). Applicants have the option to post the filled form to Ghana Technology University College, Graduate School, Private Mail Bag 100, Accra-North or mail scanned application forms and supporting documents to email@example.com. International students who reside outside Ghana at the time of applying can pay $50 USD in international money order for the cost of the form. A bank account will be provided on request for payment of forms. Unpaid and incomplete forms will not be processed.
There are three admission sessions in a year: May, September and January
- One year option- Weekends (8.00am to 4.30pm)
- Two year Distance Learning Option- Online hours to be determined by students. Scheduled Chat time with faculty to be determined before module begins.
Lectures are delivered by faculty form GTUC and Professors/Guest Lecturers from Anhalt University of Applied Sciences Germany who fly-in for face to face lectures.
Students will graduate from both Universities (GTUC and Anhalt) and have the opportunity to attend both Graduation Ceremonies in Ghana and Germany (November of each year)
How to verify this programme at Anhalt University.
Kindly follow the link below to verify information from Anhalt.
Accra campus: +233 (0)302-917152, 0202698352/3
Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214
Koforidua Learning Centre: 0202625760, 0202625761
Takoradi Learning Centre: 0202625794
Ho Learning Centre: 0505663496
Nigeria campus: +2348085039466
Nigeria Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOLACE ABENA KLUDJESON (ADMINISTRATOR, AFRICAN GUARANTEE TRUST FINANCIALS, AGT)
MBA (Int.Trade) is a recommendable top notch option for students looking out to enhance their critical thinking and decision making abilities at managerial levels. This program provides quality education and great Networking Avenue.
Dr Markus Holz, CEO ALD Vacuum Technologies, Hanau Germany Guest lecturer MBA International Trade
Since 2008, I have been able to bring over 25 years of international corporate management experience to the lecture rooms and shared this experience with motivated and creative students. This prepares them for exciting and rewarding international careers.
NANA YAA SERWAA SARPONG (CHANNEL MANAGER, MULTIMEDIA GROUP LTD, MULTI TV)
Anhalt’s International MBA Program is invaluable and very practical for African economies such as Ghana. Students are strategically connected and their ideas are challenged and honed for impactful results beyond the program.
PROFESSOR DR. CORNELIA SCOTT, PROGRAM DIRECTOR OF MBA INTERNATIONAL TRADE AT ANHALT UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
The international MBA faculty strives to create global managers that are equipped with the skills set necessary in the demanding international business environment. Our courses aim to prepare students for the professional, social and ethical responsibilities they will carry in their international societies. We create professionals with personalities!”