MSc. Management Information Systems
About the programmme
MSc Management Information is a one (1) year collaborative programme between Ghana Technology University College and Coventry University in UK.
The programme is designed to ensure the effective management of change within an organization, particularly as it relates to information systems applications. Students are able to incorporate innovative and original ideas in the design and implementation of information systems. It also equips students with the ability to critically analyze the potential benefits of information technology, business analysis, and model-building to business.
Students are taught to understand the business environment, change management issues, concepts of information systems,database strategies and the application of technology available to support the development and effective functioning of management information systems. It adequately prepares students for employment in managerial positions and provides the opportunity for personal development with some specialization, particularly relating to development and deployment of computer-based information systems and operations.
- Systems Development
- Enterprise Systems
- Database Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Internet and Information Security
- IS/IT Change Management
- Financial Analyses for Managers
- Project Management
- MSc Project
Why should l choose this course?
- Students will gain the skill to use strategic approach to the development and management of computing and information technology systems in an organization.
- It enables students to select and apply relevant management skills to make effective and efficient use of time and resources when undertaking computing and information technology projects
- A student is able to evaluate a range of possible options or solutions to address a sizeable practical IS/IT problem and present a soundly reasoned justification,
- It enables a student to compare and apply a range of techniques for data modeling and information management that are needed to support the evolving complexity of information systems
- A student is able to make an informed contribution to the strategic planning for Information System/Information Technology within an organization that will contribute to the achievement of business objectives
- Make informed contribution to the strategic planning for Information Systems/Information Technology within an organization that will contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
One (1) year full time. Only weekend option is available. Evening option is contingent on availability of numbers.
- Degree-A Bachelor’s degree (at least Second Class Lower) in information studies, informatics, telecommunications, or related area
- Diploma– Higher National Diploma (HND) or 2-year Diploma from an accredited university. Applicants must have at least four (4) years post graduation work experience.
Graduate admissions office-
Accra campus: +233 (0)302-917152, 0202698352/3
Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214
Koforidua Learning Centre: 0202625760, 0202625761
Takoradi Learning Centre: 0202625794
Ho Learning Centre: 0505663496