MSc. Management Information Systems
About the programmme
This is a collaborative programme with Coventry University, UK, which provides graduates with the skills of providing long-range information technology solutions for business performance. It provides the knowledge to support an institution with reports on performance analysis in areas critical to the success of the firm. It also empowers learners with skills to support technology-driven new corporate change initiatives and projects through the design and implementation of information systems. With information as the key driver for business success, the course provides students with an understanding of how information security and they are applied to mitigate risk, using internet technologies with detail examination of client-side, data-transmission, server and operating system security vulnerabilities are examined in-depth.
- Systems Development
- Database Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Enterprise Systems
- IS/IT Change Management
- Project Management
- Internet and Information Security I
- Internet and Information Security II
Why should l choose this course?
- Students will gain the skill to use strategic approach to the development and management of computing and information technology systems in an organization.
- It enables students to select and apply relevant management skills to make effective and efficient use of time and resources when undertaking computing and information technology projects
- A student is able to evaluate a range of possible options or solutions to address a sizeable practical IS/IT problem and present a soundly reasoned justification,
- It enables a student to compare and apply a range of techniques for data modeling and information management that are needed to support the evolving complexity of information systems
- A student is able to make an informed contribution to the strategic planning for Information System/Information Technology within an organization that will contribute to the achievement of business objectives
- Make informed contribution to the strategic planning for Information Systems/Information Technology within an organization that will contribute to the achievement of business objectives.
One (1) year full time. Only weekend option is available. Evening option is contingent on availability of numbers.
- Degree-A Bachelor’s degree (at least Second Class Lower) in information studies, informatics, telecommunications, or related area
- Diploma– Higher National Diploma (HND) or 2-year Diploma from an accredited university. Applicants must have at least four (4) years post graduation work experience.
Graduate admissions office-
Accra campus: +233 (0)302-917152, 0202698352/3
Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214
Koforidua Learning Centre: 0202625760, 0202625761
Takoradi Learning Centre: 0202625794
Ho Learning Centre: 0505663496
Visit binary options brokers UK to learn more about binary options trading and brokers