MSc Project Management
About the programme
It is a one (1) year collaborative master’s programme between GTUC and University of West Scotland, UK. The course is designed to examine current practices, issues and trends in the field of project management and provides students with specialist knowledge of the skills and techniques necessary for effective project management. It is structured around a number of core modules which offer in-depth study of the subject area. Whatever the industry and project, there is a need for project management skills and techniques that are necessary to ensure successful completion of a projects at the right quality. The development of this programme has been driven by the needs of industry and student demand to provide postgraduate education in project management that fully meets employer needs. The degree is accredited by Association for Project Management (APM). Students have the option to graduate at the University of West Scotland, UK, on completion.
• Project Management Fundamentals
• Project Methodologies and Technologies
• Research Project
Plus one or two modules (depending on their credit weighting) from those listed below;
• Risk Management
• Change Management and Leadership
• Case Studies in Project Management
• Advances in Project Management (10 point module)
• Financial Resources (10 point module)
• Research Design and Methods (10 point module)
Why should l choose Msc Engineering Project management?
On successful completion of the programme students should be able to:
Deploy relevant skills and confidence to guide and manage projects to successful completion
• Equip graduates with key skills for employment in the field of, and associated fields of, project management
• Produce graduates with an enquiring, analytical and creative approach to managing projects
• Use independent judgment and critical awareness in managing projects
• Guide students in developing an independent approach to investigating and presenting findings on a research topic at postgraduate level
• Effectively manage major projects in the construction industry
• Manage new product development projects within manufacturing
One (1) year full time. Weekend option is available.
Degree-A Bachelor’s degree (at least Second Class Lower) in business, economics or related area. Applicants to MBA programmes must have at least two years work experience.
Diploma– Higher National Diploma (HND) or 2-year Diploma from an accredited university. Applicants must have at least four (4) years post graduation work experience.
Accra campus: +233 (0)302-917152, 0202698352/3
Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214
Koforidua Learning Centre: 0202625760, 0202625761
Takoradi Learning Centre: 0202625794
Ho Learning Centre: 0312296099, 0505663496