MSc. Telecommunications Engineering
- Posted by David Donkor
- Posted in Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Masters Programmes
About the programme
It is a two (2) year collaborative programme between Ghana Technology University College and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
The program is a high level modular course which provides intensive preparation for professional practice in the technology aspects of telecommunications. The programme is recommended for individuals with technical degrees who are seeking graduate education to help them advance into managerial and leadership roles in the dynamic telecommunications and information environment.
This course covers accepted fundamental principles and methodologies that govern communication systems. Students will also understand the regulatory aspects related to deployment of the wireless infrastructure. The course guides students through the processes of assessing the specification, performance, selection, and commissioning of telecommunications systems and networks.
• Communication Networks
• Digital Communications
• Emerging Technologies
• Wireless Communication Systems
• Project Management
• Antenna Engineering for Wireless Communications
• RF and Microwave Communications Circuits
• Optical Communications
• Network Planning and Design
• Digital Signal Processing
• Telecommunication Policy, Legal and Regulatory issues
• Simulation of Telecommunications System
• Research Methodology and Seminar presentation
Two (2) years. Evening option available
Degree-A Bachelor’s degree (at least Second Class Lower) in Physics, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering.
Graduate admissions office-
Accra campus: +233 (0)302-917152, 0202698352/3
Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214
Koforidua Learning Centre: 0202625760, 0202625761
Takoradi Learning Centre: 0202625794
Ho Learning Centre: 0505663496